We often get asked “How will Kaleidoscope be different?” – Kaleidoscope Charter High School will be based on a student-centric approach towards teaching. Here are a few more details about student-centric teaching. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to learn more about our educational plan.
- The concept of student-centric teaching comes with many different, yet similar, names. Here is a link to resources from NCSU discussing Learner-Centered Teaching (Link).
- Another resource – this one from North Carolina Department of Public Instruction – describes best practices for teachers and refers to differentiating the curriculum. NCDPI defines differentiated curriculum based on teachers adapting the curriculum in different ways to meet the needs of all their students.
- Communities are beginning to think differently about teaching (while retaining some of the core principles of education). Laurene Powell Jobs (wife of Steve Jobs) have invested $50 million for XQ: The Super School Project. The idea is to “better educate students through more focused attention and carefully tailored programs“.
- The Power of Student-Driven Learning: Shelley Wright (Educator and High School Consultant from Sasketchawan, Canada)
- What if students controlled their own learning (Peter Hutton, Principal of Templestowe College in Australia) talks about Individualized Learning